Beef Bone Broth
2 lbs beef bones
2 carrots, whole
2 stalks celery
Splash of apple cider vinegar (the
acid helps the minerals come out of
1. Place all ingredients in crock pot.
2. Fill crock pot with water.
3. Turn crockpot on low and allow
stock to simmer for at least 48
4. After it is finished simmering,
pour the liquid through a strainer
into a large bowl. Discard the
remaining bones and veggies.
5. Store the broth in glass jars or
6. Keep in the refrigerator for 1
week or freeze for up to a year. If
you plan to freeze the broth just
remember liquid will expand when
it freezes so be sure to leave about
2 inches from the top of the jar so
it can expand without cracking
TIPS: Save bones from steak, roasts
and ribs in your freezer until you have
enough to make a batch of broth!
Again, veggies are optional!