- (1 whole carcass) Whole Roaster Chicken
- (2 whole, cut up) Carrots
- (1) onion
- (2 stalks) Celery
- (Splash ( the acid helps the minerals come out of the bones)) Apple Cider Vinegar
Chicken Bone Broth
1 chicken carcass
2 carrots, whole
2 stalks celery
Splash of apple cider vinegar (the
acid helps the minerals come out of
1. Place all ingredients in crock pot.
2. Fill crock pot with water.
3. Turn crockpot on low and allow
stock to simmer for 24-48 hours.
4. After it is finished simmering,
pour the liquid through a strainer
into a large bowl. Discard the
remaining bones and veggies.
5. Store the broth in glass jars or
6. Keep in the refrigerator for 1
week or freeze for up to a year. If
you plan to freeze the broth just
remember liquid will expand when
it freezes so be sure to leave about
2 inches from the top of the jar so
it can expand without cracking
TIPS: If I roast a chicken in the oven
with onion and celery I always put the
broth and veggies from roasting the
chicken in the crock pot and then
simply fill the rest with water. Turn
it on and you are done!
The veggies are completely optional,
but they do add great flavor.