- (2 lbs) Beef Meat for Stew
- (3/4 cup (or 2 oranges), plus more if desired) fresh orange juice
- (1/4 cup (about 3 limes), plus more if desired) fresh lime juice
- (1/4 cup (about 2 lemons)) fresh lemon juice
- (6 cloves, smashed) garlic
- (1/2 tsp) oregano, dried
- (1/2 tsp) cumin, ground
- (2 cups, shredded (matchstick)) carrots
- (12 oz) Romaine Hearts
Step 1: Into a 4-5 qt slow cooker, add the orange juice , lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, and beef. Season generously with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Step 2: Cover and cook 8 hours on low until very tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a bowl. Shred with forks and moisten with some of the cooking liquid. Stir in the carrots. Discard remaining cooking liquid. Season beef with salt to taste.
Step 3: Separate the lettuce leaves. Serve beef in lettuce leaves with additional lime and oranges wedges for squeezing, if desired.